- To restore a tooth that is worn down or structurally weak
- To enable your dentist to secure a dental bridge in place
- When you choose it as a cosmetic procedure to disguise a misshapen, discolored, or chipped tooth
- As covering for a dental implant
- As a treatment for children who have a high risk of tooth decay
While a dental crown is an effective treatment, the one downside is that you typically need to visit a dental practice two or three times to complete the procedure. You may be dealing with tooth sensitivity in the meantime or feel self-conscious about a broken tooth or cosmetic imperfection. Hanson Dental understands this, which is why we now offer same day dental crowns for most patients.
Receive Your Dental Crown in a Single Appointment
Before we offered same day crowns, you would need to come in one time for a dentist to X-ray the tooth and take an impression of it along with the gum tissue and surrounding bone. You would then need to wait approximately two weeks for our laboratory to return the crown and return to have it placed. Some patients would choose to receive a temporary crown while waiting for the permanent one.
We are happy to let you know that we now have the technology to complete an examination of your mouth and create the dental crown on-site while you wait. This is possible because we have invested in technology that creates an image of your crown on a computer screen that automatically sends it to a milling machine. The computer and milling machine work together to mold your crown into a precise fit.