The age-old saying, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” is timeless and accurate in many situations. In fact, its truth holds for dentistry, as well!
Taking care of your teeth and smile before damage occurs is not only less expensive, but also less painful. By carefully brushing and flossing each day, as well as maintaining a regular six month interval of visiting us at Hanson Dental, you’ll significantly reduce opportunities for decay to set in. With bi-annual exams, our dental team will be able to help identify and address problems when they are in their most treatable stages.
What does a good preventive regimen look like?
• Brush twice daily, and after sticky, sweet snacks
• Floss daily
• Utilize toothpastes and mouth rinses with fluoride
• Visit us two times per year, and more frequently if you’re experiencing pain or sensitivity
• Opt for sugarless gum instead of gums with sugar
• Maintain a healthy, nutritious diet
Why is preventive care so important?
Not only can you reduce the likelihood of cavities with proper and consistent dental care, but you’ll help reduce the potential of the following:
• Halitosis (bad breath)
• Gum Disease
• Health issues or complications tied to poor dental health, i.e. mouth sores and diabetes,
If you notice changes in your mouth, including sores, sensitivity or swollen gums, please reach out and make an appointment. By maintaining a consistent routine with your dental health, your smile will be a reflection of vitality and health! Our dental staff is knowledgeable and gentle, and looks forward to seeing you soon.
Image credit: Biggunsband / iStock / Getty Images Plus