Annie sings, “You’re never fully dressed without a smile!” Your smile, your welcome to the world, positively affects both you and others. But, what if you’re uncomfortable with your smile? What if you’re embarrassed by missing teeth? Dental implants can boost your confidence and help sustain longer lasting dental health. Hanson Dental, local for everyone in Buffalo, MN, can help enhance your grin so you can’t help sharing it with everyone.
As we all know, life happens while we’re making other plans. Sometimes those happenings affect our dental health and one or more teeth. There are many reasons for tooth loss, including:
- An injury, disease, or decay. Dental trauma, like a car or sports accident, is one cause of tooth loss. Other causes of tooth loss include medical diseases such as type 1 or type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, which can cause gum disease. Lastly, tooth decay, or untreated cavities, can cause tooth loss. Hanson Dental routinely helps our patients with dental implants when life has affected their smile.
- Perhaps you have just one tooth that needs to be replaced. Maybe you’re missing a front tooth and want a natural-looking replacement, or you’re missing a molar that you need to chew properly. A dental implant provides you with a tooth that both looks natural and is very stable and functional.
- Perhaps you’re missing more than one tooth and want to replace several teeth in the same area of the mouth. You can benefit from dental implants to replace multiple teeth in the same area in a myriad of ways, but dental implants, particularly for multiple teeth in one area, are the most secure way to replace missing teeth. Dental implants are attached to your jaw below the gumline, fusing with your jaw. The implant acts as a fastener for a metal post to which an artificial tooth is attached. The combination of the implant, post, and tooth is very secure and very long lasting.
- You may have healthy natural teeth but want implants for cosmetic reasons. Dental implants can help. They are durable and very natural looking. They also allow you to continue your regular oral hygiene routine, including brushing, flossing, using mouthwash, and seeing your favorite Hanson Dental dentist for regular cleanings.
- As your life has happened, you may have developed gum disease. Gum, or periodontal disease, is quite common. If yours has progressed to the point of developing loose teeth or having missing teeth, your jawbone may be affected. Teeth keep your jawbone strong, and, if one or more teeth are missing, the bone will wear away, reshaping your jaw, cheeks, or even shifting your jaw’s alignment. Not all patients with periodontal disease qualify for implants, but for those who do, dental implants are stable and comfortable.
When You’re Smiling
Sometimes life’s happenings require us to care for ourselves in new ways. One of those new ways of self-care, dental implants, can be needed for a variety of reasons. At Hanson Dental, we want to help you regain dental health. We want to make sure your jawbone stays strong and healthy, that you can eat and maintain oral hygiene easily, and that, when you smile, the whole world smiles with you!
Image credit: ayo888 / iStock / Getty Images Plus